St. Finbar's Netball Club has been in action for over 27 years. The Netball Club was founded by Anne Ryan.
Why do we exist?
· To promote the game of netball within the St Finbar’s and surrounding parishes
· To encourage school age participants to be involved in a sport, to learn skills associated with netball and to gain fitness
· To give players an understanding of the camaraderie and teamwork associated with being involved in a team
· To train, coach and educate players about the game of netball
· To develop a sense of community
There are currently approximately 190 members ranging from players participating in the skills-based NetSetGo! program to those in the U/19 competition.
We cater for all skill levels. The NetSetGo! program caters for children in Grades 2 and 3 while older players in the 11 and under-19 and under age groups participate in the Sandringham and District Netball Association competition. This competition is conducted at Thomas St, Hampton on Saturdays and runs from March to September, excluding school holidays.
The St Finbar's Netball Club operates independently of the St Finbar's Primary School. Although the Club uses the grounds for training, the Netball Club is responsible for all club administration and the behaviour of all players, coaches and spectators during training times. Players generally come to our club from St Finbar's Primary School, St James' Primary School and their respective parishes, although players from other other schools are invited to join the club if team sizes permit.
Registrations can be completed online at Trybooking:
Important dates for the 2014 season
Friday, 25 October 2013 - Registrations close for SDNA players for the 2014 Season
Monday, 10 February 2014 - Training commences at Thomas Street courts
Saturday, 22 February 2014 - SDNA Round 1
Friday, 4 April 2014 - Registrations closes for NetSetGo!
Wednesday, 23 April - NetSetGo! training commences