St. Finbar's Netball Club has been in action for 30 years. The Netball Club was founded by Ann Ryan.
Why do we exist?
· To promote the game of netball within the St Finbar’s and surrounding parishes
· To encourage school age participants to be involved in a sport, to learn skills associated with netball and to gain fitness
· To give players an understanding of the camaraderie and teamwork associated with being involved in a team
· To train, coach and educate players about the game of netball
· To develop a sense of community
There are currently approximately 250 members ranging from players participating in the skills-based NetSetGo program to those in the Open competition.
We cater for all skill levels. The NetSetGo program caters for children in Grades 2 and 3 while older players in the 11&Under to Open Divisions participate in the Sandringham and District Netball Association competition. This competition is conducted at Thomas St, Hampton on Thursday evenings (for Year 4 teams) or Saturdays, and runs from February to September, excluding school holidays.
The St Finbar's Netball Club operates independently of the St Finbar's Primary School. Although the Club may use the grounds for training, the Netball Club is responsible for all club administration and the behaviour of all players, coaches and spectators during training times. Players generally come to our club from St Finbar's Primary School, St James' Primary School and their respective parishes, although players from other other schools are invited to join the club if team sizes permit.
Important Information for COVID-19 Safe training
NETBALL TRAINING IS CANCELLED FOR MONDAY 22ND JUNE 2020
AS WE LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING BACK TO THE COURTS ST FINBARS WILL BE TAKING CAUTIOUS STEPS BEGINNING WITH TRAINING SESSIONS FOR THE YOUNGER TEAMS.
THE FOLLOWING PROTOCOLS MUST BE FOLLOWED BY COACHES, PLAYERS AND PARENTS TO KEEP US ALL SAFE. PLEASE ALSO SEE THE FULL DETAILS BY DOWNLOADING THIS DOCUMENT FROM SDNA: HERE
ENTRY AND EXIT TO THOMAS ST:
❑ Drop Off / Arrival
- All coaches and players to enter via the main carpark entry in front of the building (green arrow
- Be marked off for attendanc
- Check-in ie feeling well, no symptoms, not been around people with symptoms etc
- Go straight to allocated court
❑ Exit / Pick Up
- Via side/top car park only
- Do not walk through other courts – use
walkways either side of courts
- Go straight to car; do not socialize; wait 1.5 m apart